Sanaya Irani or ‘Sanu’ or ‘Sweetu’, as she is known to her friends and family is one of the most well known faces on Indian Television currently. She was born in 1983, on 17th September to a Parsi family in Mumbai, Maharashtra and completed her school level education from Ooty.
Sanaya had contemplated pursuing an MBA for her career but ended up being an actress. I’m sure she doesn’t regret the decision one single bit and we obviously don’t either. The lanky hottie, whose legs seem to be her best asset, took her first step towards her career by taking up modelling and appearing in advertisements on her mother’s advice. In fact her first portfolio was shot by the famous actor Boman Irani, who also happens to be a professional photographer.
Sanaya currently can be seen starring in Optimystix’s new venture, Modern Bahu, where she plays the role of Chanchan, a peppy and realistic girl with contemporary thoughts who marries into an orthodox, authoritarian family. The concept of the show is said to have been inspired from the film Khoobsoorat, starring Rekha. The twenty nine year old beautiful actress is representing a girl much younger than her
What you did not know about Sanaya’s career
- Her first appearance was at 23, in the Yash Raj Blockbuster film, Fanaa.
- Two years later, in 2008, when she was 25, she was declared the ‘Fresh Face of The Year’ at the Indian Television Academy Awards, for her role in Miley Jab Hum Tum.
- The immensely popular show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, starring herself and Barun Sobti made its first public appearance on Star Plus in 2011, when the actress was twenty eight years old.
- Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, featuring Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti in leading roles went off air abruptly on 30th November, 2012.
- In spite of it all, Sanaya Irani, in the same year, was ranked first in the category of ‘Most Popular TV Actress of Recent Times’, second in the category of ‘TV Personality of 2012, female’ by Tellychakkar.com and thirteenth in the category of ‘World’s Sexiest Asian Woman’ by Eastern Eye.
The cute and the bubbly actress, who does not seem to be in her late twenties at all is dating Mohit Sehgal, her co actor from Miley Jab Hum Tum. Not only did the duo share an awesome on screen chemistry but also an off screen one on the sets of Miley Jab Hum Tum. At the age of twenty nine, the young hottie, Sanaya Irani is rocking the industry leaving behind many other young actresses in the race and is shooting for the stars.