Urvashi Dholakia entered the industry at the age of six when she appeared in the commercial for Lux soap along with the actress Revathi. She debuted on the silver screen in Shri Adhikari Brothers’ Waqt Ki Raftar at the age of eight. She has also acted in some other serials and movies as a child actor as well.
The ever hot Urvashi Dholakia got her first big break in Dekh Bhai Dekh, the comedy series in the year 1993. Urvashi was fifteen when she played the actor Vishal Singh’s romantic interest, Shilpa. There was no looking back for her after that. She was seen playing the supporting role of Mansi Sharma on the popular TV series Shaktimaan. By the time she was presented with the negative role of Komolika on Star Plus’ Kasautii Zindagi Kay in the year 2001, she had acted in serials like DD Metro’s Zamana Badal Gaya, Ghar Ek Mandir and Metro Gold’s Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli (Sonia,lead).
The character of Komolika became so famous that the name became a benchmark for the comparison of vamps. Not only did the character of Komolika become famous as a cunning daughter-in-law but also for her flashy makeup and dressing style and most significantly the bindi styles. The show ran till 2008. The character not only brought Urvashi immense fame as an antagonist but also numerous awards in the ‘Best Villain’ category. She epitomized the character again for a TV commercial for the Kolkata Knight Riders with Shahrukh Khan in 2010.
Following the immense success of Komolika, Urvashi was seen playing a negative role in a number of other serials. She was seen as Archie Khanna on Star Plus’ Kahiin Toh Hoga, on Sony TV’s Kahani Teri Meri, as Kimi Khambata on Sony TV’s popular show Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, as Niyonika Abhayankar on Risshton Ki Dor, as Karishma on Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai, as Malini Yadav on Zee TV’s Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmayudh. She also was seen in supporting roles such as Savitri Devi on Zee TV’s Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein and as Dr. Komolika Rana in Life OK’s Dil Se Di Dua…Saubhagyavati Bhava?
In the year 2007, the audience saw her performing stand up comedy on Star One’s Ranvir Vinay Aur Kaun?, on Sony TV’s Comedy Circus-1, Comedy Circus-Kaaton Ki Takkar and in Ustaadon Ka Ustaad in which she also came out as a winner jointly with Shakeel Siddique. In 2009, the hot Urvashi Dholakia created a stir with her honest confessions when she came into view as a participant in Sach Ka Samna. She also participated in NDTV Imagine’s Meethi Chhoori No. 1 along with other celebrities. She took entry into the Bigg Boss house as contestant number 5 in Season 6.
Urvashi was also seen acting in Tejaswini, a film by N. Chandra. Apart from this, she was seen in her mother’s production in the Bhojpuri film Saans Rani Bahu Naukrani directed by Brij Bhushan and performed an item number in the film Mudda. According to Urvashi, she is not prepared for Bollywood yet.
Born in 1978 on 9th July, Urvashi belongs to a half Gujrati and half Punjabi family. She was married at a young age of sixteen and also gave birth to twin boys after a year at the age of seventeen following which, she got a divorce after one and a half years. Her sons are presently admitted to a boarding school. A diploma holder in Bharat Natyam from Nalanda University, augmented by her love for performing arts, specifically acting, Urvashi has become a popular and loved member of the television fraternity.
We are sharing some interesting facts about hottie Urvashi below:
- The audience gets to see Urvashi Dholakia in a comedy appearance along with Gulshan Grover and the Bhojpuri superstar, Ravi Kishen on Colors’ Nautanki The Comedy Theatre.
- After being declared the winner of Bigg Boss Season 6, hot Urvashi Dholakia in an interview says that her straightforward nature aided her to win the competition. When questioned about what she is going to do with the prize money, she said that she’ll utilise it for her sons’ future.
- Urvashi Dholakia, winner of Bigg Boss-Season 6, says Imam Siddique deserved to win.
- Among the top four contestants of Bigg Boss-Season 6 namely, Sana Khan, Imam Siddique, Niketan Madhok and Urvashi Dholakia herself, Urvashi Dholakia declared as the winner.
- Imam Siddique involves himself in a fight with Urvashi Dholakia in the Bigg Boss house.
- Rajeev Paul breaks into a fight with Urvashi Dholakia in Bigg Boss Season 6.
- Urvashi to appear in a small role in Star Plus’s Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein.
- Urvashi is seen in a negative character once again, reliving the Komolika days on Zee TV’s Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmyudh.
- The audience gets to see a very gorgeous Urvashi Dholakia on NDTV Imagine’s Meethi Chhoorii No. 1 along with other celebrities.
- Urvashi Dholakia creates a stir with her honest confessions ionn Sach Ka Samna.
- Urvashi makes her first public appearance as the immensely popular Komolika on the serial Kasautii Zindagi Kay, the longest running serial in the history of Indian television (2001-2008).